Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shower Drain



Ever since Andrew and I moved in to our apartment we have had troubles with our shower drain. The water just did not want to go down. Ironically, when ever I wanted to take a bath the water doesn't stay up. It got so frustrating! We would use some draining liquid. It worked once, for about a day and that was it. So yesterday we went grocery shopping and bought what looks like a thin saw that's supposed to help unclog a drain. It worked! We got lots of hair! Probably some of mine, and some of whoever lived here before. Our drain already has very limited space for the water to go down, and it looks like it is divided into 3 sections. This is what we got in the first section. GROSS! The stick didn't go down the other two as well. So we ran the water to see if it had worked. The water went down a little faster, but there still seemed to be stuff blocking it. So we tried the 2 other sections again and there still wasn't much luck. I put the stick down the 3 section one more time, and I got even more! I think when we turned the water on, it moved the hair around. I still can't believe there was so much hair down there! Anyway, when I took a shower for church this morning, I didn't finish with my feet in 3 - 6 inches of water. No more clogging! Now the shower will stay cleaner longer too! Yay!






1 comment: