Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cornerstones of a Happy Home

This week has been crazy.. Or it just felt more exhausting than usual. I've made so many goals I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with everything. I took the kids to my parent's house over the weekend so Andrew could study for an exam that he had for his new job. Haven was in an unfamiliar place, so instead of sleeping 6-8 hours she was waking up every 3. It was awesome! We stayed there from Friday to Tuesday evening. Andrew took the test on Tuesday and passed. But this week was more of a week to recuperate. Since we were gone, we had FHE on Thursday. It was based on a talk by Gordon B. Hinckley called "Cornerstones of a Happy Home." Honestly, this talk is so good I think the best way to get something from it is just to read it. Which is what we did. I had Andrew read the talk during one of his lunch breaks and we just talked about it for FHE. I had some grand plans to build our dream home out of legos as our activity for FHE, but like I said, I have been exhausted this week. So we just talked about what we thought we could improve on individually and as a couple. Please, please read this talk. I loved it. Tomorrow's FHE is going to be based on a talk by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin called "Cultivating Divine Attributes." I've already read this talk and I really like it, but I'm having a hard time applying it specifically towards marriage. If any of you have any tips or ideas, please let me know :) I'm REALLY enjoying planning these FHE's and posting them. It really gives me something to look forward to. It's a goal that I know is worthwhile and helps me grow closer to my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment