Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014


Hello World! 
It has been a long time! A lot has happened in the two years I have been away from the blogging world. We have had 2 babies. Hudson and Haven. We have moved to Chino Hills, California. Andrew has graduated college and has started training to become a nursing home administrator. We are excited about all the blessings in our lives and I am excited to start sharing my life more fully again. 
We have set many goals for 2014 and I figured what better way to be held accountable for them than to post them on this blog? Some of those goals include losing weight, having regular Family Home Evenings, documenting our children's lives more, and just strengthening our family in general. So this blog is going to be my outlet for all of those. I'll be posting my lesson plan for FHE every week, if anybody wants to follow along and plan lessons with me. Since the kids can't participate quite yet it's still going to be geared towards strengthening mainly our marriage. I'll be posting tons of pictures of the kids and the funny things they do, and sometimes the not so funny... like throwing cars in church. It has become an every week ritual. I'm afraid my ward may secretly hate us. I'll even try to post motivation for any one else trying to lose weight. Our family is doing "The Biggest Loser" for 6 months. I'm very excited and hope that we can all be successful and pleased with the outcome. 
Tomorrow is Monday, which means FHE. I've planned a rough lesson manual for the year based on the scripture from 1 Corinthians:
Love is patient, love is kind.
Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud.
Love is not rude, is not selfish and does not become angry easily.
Love does not remember wrongs done against it.
Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.
I divided it up by each trait and assigned it a month. Except for January. January is four talks/teachings from the  Eternal Marriage Student Manual that are called the "Foundations for an Eternal Marriage." Tomorrow's lesson will be based on the talk called The Constitution for a Perfect Life by President Harold B. Lee. If anyone has any input or wants to "be on board" with us, feel free to let me know or share your ideas! 
I'm very excited for this year! I pray that we can all find success in the goals we have set for this year. Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment